Arizona Game and FIsh Department - Managing Today for Wildlife Tomorrow: azgfd.gov Arizona Game and Fish Department
  

Phone Number
BUY LICENSES | BIG GAME DRAW | eNEWS | CALENDAR | VIDEO | HUNTING | FISHING | WILDLIFE VIEWING | CONSERVATION | EDUCATION | BOATING | SHOOTING | OHV | SITE MAP | EMPLOYMENT
 
AZGFD Home
Online Services
Newsroom
Hunting & Fishing
Outdoor Recreation
 
Off-Highway Vehicles
Watercraft
Shooting Sports
Outdoor Expo
Wildlife Areas

Landowner Relations Program

- Program Overview
- Landowner Incentive Program
- Access Program
-
- Adopt-A-Ranch Program
- Landowner Respect Program
- Big Game Donation Fund
- Landowner/Sportsman Relations Committee
Resources
FAQ's
Wildlife & Conservation
Information & Education
Inside AZGFD
Customer Service
 
NRCS Farm Bill Program
 
The Farm Bill Cooperative Program is a joint effort between the Arizona Game and Fish Department (Department) and the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). The Department and the NRCS entered into a Cooperative Agreement in November of 2003 to support a Farm Bill Coordinator position. The goal of the position is to link personnel and resources from both agencies and coordinate conservation projects on private, state and tribal lands throughout Arizona. The tool used to promote conservation and wildlife projects is the 2008 Farm Bill.

The Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2008 (Farm Bill) is legislation for conservation funding and for focusing on environmental issues. This legislation creates new programs to address high priority environmental and farm production goals. The 2008 Farm Bill emphasizes the long-term quality of our environment and conservation of our natural resources.

Several Farm Bill programs specifically require the creation of wildlife habitat as an important component, especially the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP), the Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP) and the Grasslands Reserve Program (GRP).

All Farm Bill programs are cost-share programs with NRCS reimbursing the landowner up to 75% for the cost of a project. In some cases, the Department can provide a portion or the entire remaining 25% of project costs. Although each agency has a different mission, by working together our combined efforts can make each project stronger and less costly for the landowner. The premise behind the partnership is to maximize the use of funding from both agencies to provide the best incentive to the landowner to participate in good land stewardship and support for Arizona's wildlife. The Farm Bill Coordinator works within the Department's Landowner Relations Program.

 
Additional Information
- Farm Bill programs, visit the NRCS website.
- Application [PDF, 102kb] for Farm bill programs.
 
Contact Information

Farm Bill Coordinator, (623) 236-7503

Al Eiden, Landowner Relations Program Manager, (623) 236-7624 or aeiden@azgfd.gov

 
 
Related AZGFD Info
- Heritage Fund Program
- Economic Impact
- Environmental Education
- Information Products
- Sign up for AZGFD eNews
- Wildlife Photo Gallery
 
External Resources [More]
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Wildlife Federation
NOTE: External sites will open in a new browser window.
 

Mission | Frequently Asked Questions | Web Policy | Send Comments | Employment | Commission Agenda | Office Locations | Site Map | Search | © 2013 AZGFD